Sharing your Adventure
We at GEEO believe that our country's teachers wield the most influence in developing an outward-looking citizenry. Sending teachers on trips abroad is just the first step in this process. When teachers return to their classrooms we ask them to share their experiences with their students.
Our Curriculum Development Team has put together a program for teachers to implement and customize to their needs. Please take a look at our education plan to learn about this process.
Our Education Plan
- Once having signed on for a GEEO program, submit a brief action plan for bringing your GEEO experience into the classroom. We have examples of action plans on our lesson plan database. If you are traveling with GEEO this summer please click here to submit your action plan.
- Enhance your knowledge about your GEEO destination. Our book club is a way for you to have a shared educational experience with other members of your group. Our Pinterest page is an ever growing source of lesson plans, travel tips and interesting articles. These resources will give you a basic understanding of customs, history, culture, current events, etc. before arriving, which puts everything into context and allows for a deeper experience.
During the program
- While abroad on the GEEO program we will have a meetings where you will discuss your action plan with other group participants. Hopefully new ideas will be shared, enriching the action plans.
- You will have the opportunity on most of our programs to make connections with schools we visit for possible pen-pals/online classroom collaboration.
- Present a 20-minute long Google Tour Builder presentation (Click here for an example) to all of your classes that describe the trip you have taken. GEEO will send you a ready to use presentation and then the you can customize the presentation to fit your personal experience, as well as making it appropriate for your students' age and the subject matter being taught.
- Follow your pre-trip action plan and incorporate your experience abroad somehow into your curriculum.